Will Blue Crits Ever Be Removed?

Discussion in 'TF2 JailBreak' started by Griffin, Mar 25, 2018.

?

Should crits be removed?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. No

20 vote(s)
    80.0%
  1. Griffin
    Badass

Griffin One Poster

Hey. I just wanted to talk about how blue crits should be removed. It's easy for blues to go sniper and if you do one thing wrong they can easily body shot you for 150 damage with no chance of the red surviving. If crits got removed it would be easier to play on red because its a bit easier to rebel and you would have a chance of living if you screwed up.
    Thoughts?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. RedTF2
    Cynical

RedTF2 Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Admin

If they were removed, a shit ton of people would complain. I prefer without crits, but that’s just me. @daily had suggested doing mini crits if it was possible, but I’m pretty sure that the 100% crits thing is apart of the jailbreak plugin and can only be yes or no.

3. Griffin
    Badass

Griffin One Poster

I personally wouldn't complain with 100% mini-crits, but some people still would be pissed. :p

4. Feminine Bill Nye
    Feminine

Feminine Bill Nye Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I have played on Jailbreak servers without crits for Blues and nothing gets done. What I mean by that is the Reds always rebel every round and due to the lower count of Blues they get run over and it becomes like an arena mode just with reds not getting ammo at first. Crits or an advantage needs to be in place so such things dont happen and Jailbreak can be played properly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. RedTF2
    Cynical

I played on KI for almost 2 years. The BLU team never had crits (except random), and things were perfectly fine. The advantage the BLU team had and still had on Idleserver is that REDs are restricted to melee. There was never any issue that concerned no actual rounds happening. All the BLU team really needs are players who know what they’re doing and how to aim.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Feminine Bill Nye
    Feminine

Feminine Bill Nye Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I have never played on KI when it was around but was it as populated as Idle is? With Idle being usually 25+ players on at a time and the majority on Red. I can see it not being a problem with a small group of people with decently even teams but that's not usually what happens.

7. Optimist
    Eggtastic

Optimist Well-Known Member

The idea of the removal of crits has been tossed around. Though, it only favors Reds, and rebellers. In my opinion, I feel that crits are suitable considering the game mode.
    As Red explained, crits are part of the plugin, and it is only a yes or no question.
    While certain people who only play Red may see crits as unfair, Blue with crits is essential to Blues, giving them an advantage they need.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Kimmel
    Confused

Kimmel Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Maybe for April fools, we can have the reds have crits instead of blues?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  9. RedTF2
    Cynical

KI was very populated until around the end of its time. There were pretty much always people on jailbreak and Saxton Hale rather than any other server they had. They had about 5 jailbreak servers where 1, 2, and 3 would be populated with at least 20 on each. There were never any problems due to proper class choice and game sense to have rounds.

+ Class choice.
    Crits are a bit unfair, I play on blue fairly often and I do think it’s unfair that a sniper and no scope body shot and end your life if you’re anything that’s not demo, soldier, heavy, or pyro. It’s also hard enough when there’s a notification when a RED enters an entrance or armory on half the maps.

All in all, crits can be kept, but the TF2 zones plug-in should be removed.

10. adonaimulamba
    Adorable

adonaimulamba Well-Known Member

Oh that will be the blu's nightmare

11. tommyguns712
    Amazed

tommyguns712 Well-Known Member

i would say maybe because they should only have it when the warden is alive

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb