Starlight Jailbreak Appeal

Discussion in 'Ban Appeals' started by Starlight, Jan 21, 2018.

1. Starlight
    Inspired

Starlight Well-Known Member

I was banned from IdleServer.Com JailBreak for: Racial slurs?

What server? What time?: January 21 2018 at 6:30pm

What is your Steam ID?: STEAM_0:0:154601782

Why do you feel you should be unbanned?: I didn't use racial slurs at all what so ever. I haven't been making jokes either. The last time I remember making slurs or jokes is a couple months ago and that was not even on the servers.

What are you appealing?: A 4 day server ban

Additional information?: Falcon was taunting me the entire time and was probably setting me up I honestly have no reason to believe I should have been banned. I would also like evidence of me using slurs or racism.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Crybaby Crybaby x 1
  2. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

was a couple of months ago but you were on the servers

you never got punished for it so it was taken care of, just because you do something in the past doesn't mean it can't catch up to you

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Starlight
    Inspired

When was it Meliodas? I wasn't using slurs on the servers and the last time I did I was punished for it.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Starlight
    Inspired

Boyo I don't see where my name is there saying the no no word. Also I see what you mean and I was trying to tell staff in chat that someone said the no no word. Also the ones before that I got punished for.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

I didn't think i'd actually have to explain this...

Look at the bottom right hand corner of that page and tell me what it says...then make a connection

7. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

https://idleserver.com/jailchat/hlstats.php?mode=chathistory&player=49880&filter=nigger
    Silly Starlight.png
    Only gag you got that day was for "Arguing". After that day you didn't get any gags for n-word (according to https://idleserver.com/jailbans/index.php?p=commslist&page=1&searchText=STEAM_0:0:154601782)
    How could I set you up for a server ban if you said it in chat months before and I wasn't even the one who told staff about the chat logs when they took care of it themselves?

Maybe keep the lies to a minimum to make your case better :/

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. DJ Prodigy
    Mellow

DJ Prodigy Well-Known Member JailBreak Mod

Falcon would never taunt anyone to do anything like that. He's to good for that.

Not only that but, you do tend to keep getting guard bans after we tell you to read the rules. Which I hate to say it but, you NEED to read the rules. Because clearly you havent read them. Or if you have you probably don't remember them. I admit myself there are times I forget rules, but I correct myself or give myself punishment. You on the other hand, either whine, be rude to the staff. Or just be entirely upset.

I also don't think we need to bring what you did to bill nye one of our mods, which is clearly, clearly disgusting man. I admit what I did was wrong myself as well. But me, I have changed from then. I get it your young, quite young. But even someone like biddy has learned his wrong doings and look at him hes a damn good mod, and a cool guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  9. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Mango Puree Well-Known Member

Alright, I'm going to say something about this. Does a racial slur deserve a 4 day ban? No. And if you're going to use the "well he used it multiple times" argument then I've seen plenty of other people who used the n word multiple times on different dates like Starlight and didn't get a 4 day ban, only a mute, for 30 minutes nonetheless. I feel this ban was a bit biased, but you knew that you used the slurs Starlight, so you shouldn't have lied about it. An apology would also be very nice.

I'm going to probably get shit for trying to defend Starlight and people saying "wow mango I wouldn't have thought you of all people would be defending him" but I feel this ban was obviously exaggerated so Starlight wouldn't come on for a while and feel that Starlight has been a little more considerate nowadays (but obviously the whole barbecue situation was a stupid move on him.)

Starlight has been made fun of a lot for the past couple of days and I feel some form of remorse for it even though I clearly shouldn't, but like I said I feel like he's tried to make up for what he did in SOME ways.

I'm not going to support this nor deny it, because my opinion is somewhat in the middle.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Optimist
    Eggtastic

Optimist Well-Known Member

I agree with this, a 4 day ban is ridiculous. If it was anyone else other than Starlight, you would all get them unbanned instantly. (Soaring, etc) I know, Starlight lied. But the 4 day ban is too long. There’s something called a gag.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. RedTF2
    Cynical

RedTF2 Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Admin

I beg to differ. He has the most guard bans over 100 by now, and his most recent use of the n word was only 2 months ago. You would think some one with so many guard bans would learn, right? Not with Starlight, apparently. I’d also like to remind @Mango Puree that mods can’t server ban people, that’s to the admins, and as I stated above, some people should know better than others, hence harsher punishments being placed.

I also didn’t think I’d need to mention this since technically it was done through steam chat and not on the servers, but last Monday, I had banned Starlight from guards for freekill. He then messaged a user, no names here, with a racial slur saying “[N-word] red is shit”. It tells me that he’s still prone to use the slurs.

In reguards to Mango’s “he’s tried to make up in some way” remark:

Starlight was and still kind of is a huge suck-up. I tell him not to be one. That goes to a complete 180 apparently, because then he starts to disrespect myself and others. In between doesn’t exist, I guess.

Edit: I would like to point out that the people defending Starlight, don’t even play on the servers any more. Meaning, they don’t see how he acts and what not.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Starlight
    Inspired

Red you can't bring up private chats without permission. Also some of that is out of context boyo. I'm not denying I used a racial slur though that I did. But what I do outside of the servers doesn't give you the right to punish me. It's if I used slurs on Skial and I got gagged while a mod gags me here cause they saw me there. An extended gag works to you know. I do apologize for using slurs but a 4 day server ban is way to long. And falcon was trying to get me to leave the server the entire time after you got banned.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  13. RedTF2
    Cynical

A)I can bring up private chats without permission, I just cannot use a copy paste or picture without permission.

B)I didn’t ban you for the steam chat slur. I clearly stated that in my reason on source bans.

C) I believe a ban is needed when you have 122 guard bans. You clearly do not learn, nor think before your actions. 4 days is the price to pay for the use of racial slurs.

D) The reference of the steam dms is to show you are still prone to use the slurs.

E) Out of context? What do you mean? I provided context. I banned you and you complained to a user about it using a slur.

• This is amazing This is amazing x 1
  14. Starlight
    Inspired

Guard bans aren't related to gags at all Red. And banning me for a steam chat isn't right because I can be a full blown racist on my own time but completely not racist on the servers. The stuff you banned me for was out of context. The messages falcon sent you are out of context boyo it wasn't about you. Anyone is prone to use slurs doesn't mean you should ban them for it. Guard bans have nothing to do with what I say red. The top 4 messages of the chat log with the no no word are me telling a mod about it. All I ask is I get unbanned and I don't mind if you gag me for a like a day or 2.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  15. RedTF2
    Cynical

Here we go again, I'll break it down into pieces for you, Starlight. Please actually read the whole thing this time.

Yes they are, in a way. Your guard bans tell me you should know the rules and know not to break them. Yet you still do anyways.

Can you not read, or what? Starlight can you not read--Its not hard..PNG I said it in my previous post and I'm saying it again. You were not banned because of the steam messages.

"Red is shit." Not about me? And if not about me, who else? Red (daily)? That doesn't make it any better.

Refer to my second point.

How about comm blocks, AKA gags and mutes? Do those work? 98 is almost as many as 122. Only 24 away.
    98 is sad.PNG

That's still not an excuse. You can message them the paste, or simply tell them they used a slur. While on the subject of your previous uses of the n word, what about the other times? I went back and checked comms and I didn't see any gags or mutes with matching times for the uses.

The simple answer is no. I'm not unbanning you and I do not encourage other admins to unban you. If a higher up would like to do so, I'd recommend against it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Starlight
    Inspired

Okay fine I accept even though I think went over board on the punishment. But the "red is shit" I was referring to the red team as in I don't like being on red. (Probably cause I can't rebel for crap) either way I accept it but I don't agree or like it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Crybaby Crybaby x 1
  17. Falcon
    Wishful

Well I don't wanna know who you were referring to when you said "[N-word] YOU CHINESE LAZY ASS APE SHOO OUTA HERE YOU WRESTLING CRIME BOSS" two days ago...

18. Starlight
    Inspired

Boyo that was to you when you abandoned the plan.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  19. Falcon
    Wishful

That still doesn't mean it's fine to say it at all...

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Should of been more specific on your post from earlier or even change it because red and red daily are gonna think “they are shit” and basically that’s going to think it’s “staff disrespect “
    The massive n word or how many times you said it does deserve a gag or a ban from the server, but why do that in the first place, falcon does the same crap on me sometimes (depending) but I’m not in a “rage” mode, this should be your lesion in the future

EDIT: I just realized falcon didn't do it to me but i know it was someone else. So please disregard the part about falcon

21. Optimist
    Eggtastic

Optimist Well-Known Member

Starlight, I want to like you, but this is just.. apalling.

• LOL LOL x 2
  22. Nightly
    Insomnious

Nightly zoapthedev Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Starlight. You are a cool dude to play with I'll give you that.

But, that type of language is pretty unacceptable in the end, regardless of how long ago it was. Although I wouldn't of personally banned you for 4 days, I'm not going to sit here and say it wasn't reasonable.

I think the best thing to do is either wait it out, or get yourself in deeper by getting mad over it.

Don't use slurs like that, simple. You're still a cool dude, but you can't be doing that kind of stuff, man.

Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh x 1
    • RIP RIP x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb