Rating List

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale), May 25, 2017.

1. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Arthritic

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

Well, the rating list was not seen after the forums shut down. Not so Festive Warden also said why is the rating gone! The list is a "huge" deal when there's like arguments that can show who supports nor disagree with them. Any info guys?

Also wing, do you know what happened? If so, can you fix it?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

they removed the ability to see ratings (well who posted them)

It's a really bad idea and it's just there so that people don't "feel bad" about being flooded because of their opinions.... but if you're gonna give your opinion you should be ready for it to be questioned and ready for people to be assholes to you regardless of whether it's mature of them

I for one think they should remove ratings on moderator/admin applications and only let you post a comment... that way if you're gonna downvote someone you HAVE to tell them why or you don't do anything... because a number of upvotes don't really matter the only things looked at are the downvotes

but this is something they did on purpose and it's not gonna be "fixed"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Arthritic

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

Well that explains it, thank you very much for your time sir.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Kenny Omega
    Festive

Kenny Omega Well-Known Member Former Staff

The reason this is a thing is because people were asking other people why they voted a certain way. Honestly unless its a player who has a reputation for trolling and or is known to give stupid ratings then they probably have a reason for rating the way they did. I did think the voting system is fine until you start questioning people why they voted a certain way. I do like to be able to see who supports post and who doesn't and hope it's brought back when the forums reset

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Aegeus Dusk
    Mind-Blowing

Aegeus Dusk Well-Known Member

People must know what they did (jk)

• Seriously Seriously x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

Systems still broke. You can still get notifications on who you got likes from for profile posts. I mean if you're gonna delete viewing votes, you should at least go all out.

7. Kenny Omega
    Festive

Kenny Omega Well-Known Member Former Staff

I don't get these

8. Falcon
    Wishful

They probs changed it then. GG. If not I feel sad that you don't get likes.

9. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

This might be dumb but I considered bringing up to the higher-ups that I think there should be a rule that if you downvote an application you have to give a reason why. I never brought it up cause it sounded dumb, I just see tons of people downvoting, and a majority of them don't give a reason why, so it hurts the application just by one person clicking downvote without giving a proper reason. So i'm personally not happy seeing who voted what was removed, but theres nothing I or anyone really can do about it :^)

10. Falcon
    Wishful

Nothing wrong with it, don't feel ashamed, it's not a dumb idea. It's a good idea. Without people explaining why they downvoted it leads applicants confused on why they were downvoted, and it's not hard to leave an explanation. To me, downvotes should be placed, obviously to downvote it, but also to inform the applicant about his/her problems and that way they can fix the problem.

Live Thread addon by sonnb