Reviewing Looking to do Admin for the Deathrun servers.

Discussion in 'Admin Applications' started by Matt Frith, May 26, 2014.

1. Matt Frith

Matt Frith Can't Stop

State and Country (not city):California/ USA

Primary Language: English

Favorite Pizza Topping: Pepperoni (Do others exist?)

Servers: Any Deathrun server. I currently go to DR#2

Time Zone: PST, but I work the graveyard shift while I play the game, so most of my time on will be at 12am pst.

Admin Experience: I've been Manager for the pbfortress servers for about a year now. I still go on those servers off, and on.

Additional Information:
    The main thing that I'm interested in, is to put some control back into the Deathrun servers. It's a complete mess in there. There are people in there spamming their mic's, and children yelling freely without even such as a warning to stop from any administrator. I honestly believe that it's not regulated by anyone, and it desperately needs it. I've spent a lot of time in the PBfortress servers, and I have one main philosophy, "let the game be fun for everyone". This isn't some half witted power trip to control the servers. What I want is to cut the annoying spamming, and to see that everybody is having a good time. I don't believe in banning, permanent gagging, or permanent muting unless it comes to a last resort.

Name the Director of the Admin: Edit.....It appears HYRO is the director. ;P

Summary. I really don't expect to get the position, but if not, please find someone who can watch over the Deathrun servers. It's been a long time since I've seen anything being maintained in it, and some of the people in there really annoy the heck out of other players.

Regards,

ExMachina

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    • Support for Staff(Upvote) Support for Staff(Upvote) x 2
    • Potential Potential x 1
  2. Matt Frith

Matt Frith Can't Stop

At least warrant a response on this one. Even if declined, I know my message got across.

3. wing
    Dreaming

wing Administrator Staff Member Owner

Thanks for applying. Always glad to have some adults around to watch over servers. Typically we would like to see some of the community post to this topic to support you. Lets see if we can get 2-3 backers.

Yes I understand Deathrun servers have periods of lack of control. Yes people will be spamming mics and children yelling. We have rules setup to ask that people do not do this. As we all know I cannot make it to every server each day but I do rotate. In the last week I have made it into several deathrun servers at length. I act on critical issues when I see them but largely part of our community is not about having admin watching over everybody shoulders at any point in time. With 80K players playing TF2 and massive amount of trolls we cannot control everybody but will do our best to review and isolate the most critical offenders. If a person is playing some music it is decent quality I don't have large problem with little entertainment. When we have users spamming static and kids screaming they will get muted. It could be that a large part of the users that play on our server do so because we don't have a lot of admin to interfere. I wouldn't mind adding some staff to DeathRun servers but really they should only be around watching 99% of the time and acting on the 1% that act out in a server degrading manner.

If you notice daily users who are server degrading please start conversation and message me. I read every PM I get even though it takes me time to always get back to everybody.

I'll continue to watch this topic and will decide once we have some community feedback.

4. Matt Frith

Matt Frith Can't Stop

Ok thx for the response Wing. DR #2 does pretty well (population wise) but there have been a lot of times where kids are just screaming into the mic just like you mentioned. I really don't believe in banning people, unless they're exploiting. Everything else can be handled through muting, or gagging, and if that doesn't work, you can always permanently silence them.

I see now that the server has actually been pretty peaceful, so whoever has been raiding it with obnoxious yelling is gone for now. Ugh...if only it would stay that way. Overall, atm, there's a pretty good attitude in the game.

• Crybaby Crybaby x 1
  5. Sexy Sarcastic Senpai ★SSS★
    Horny

Sexy Sarcastic Senpai ★SSS★ I own a sexy latina girl. Staff Member JailBreak Admin Sr. JailBreak Trainer

Woah, no support so far? Man, I really hope you get this opportunity to fix the deathrun servers. You have my full support, man!

6. Matt Frith

Matt Frith Can't Stop

Thx Benjamin. I didn't expect to actually get the position, but I at least wanted to bring attention to the DR servers.

7. Matt Frith

Matt Frith Can't Stop

Wing let me be admin for just a week, and see how it goes. I don't plan on performing any major actions, but I can at least make it so that there's a lot less mic spam. All I really need to be able to do is mute, gag, and kick the people who are interrupting the games for others. As it stands, I have yet to see one admin stop this on any of the DR servers.

8. Sexy Sarcastic Senpai ★SSS★
    Horny

Sexy Sarcastic Senpai ★SSS★ I own a sexy latina girl. Staff Member JailBreak Admin Sr. JailBreak Trainer

Haha, what a great learning opportunity, bud! Judging from the way you're handling this, you would be a great addition to the Deathrun's admin group, best of luck once again, man.

9. Matt Frith

Matt Frith Can't Stop

;) Yeah normally I don't like being admin, but I really like the DR Idleservers. Then I start to like them less when some 8 year old filipino kids starts yelling into his mic, because.....he can. Then after that experience you'll find me here next hopelessly pleading to at least find some way to rectify this insanity.

10. Sexy Sarcastic Senpai ★SSS★
    Horny

Haha, I hear yah' bud. It's nice to stop mic spamming overall and keep people from complaining in chat, just seems normal if you ask me, ha.

11. festive cardboard
    Psychedelic

festive cardboard Well-Known Member Former Staff

You're about three years late. Please start acting mature on here.

• Agree Agree x 3
Live Thread addon by sonnb