Idleserver Jailbreak 2017 Summer Tournament - Host Registration Open!

Discussion in 'Team Fortress 2' started by TheCyanidePanda, May 15, 2017.

1. TheCyanidePanda
    Holy Shit

TheCyanidePanda A E S T H E T I C S Former Staff

Like the idea of the tournament but not the idea of participating on a team? Become one of it's hosts! Currently, we have two spots open for hosts, both being supporting hosts.

What Does A Host Do?

- A Host is basically a commentator, you see them commentate for big-tournaments such as Dota 2, CSGO, and TF2, along with a multitude of other games. Their job is to provide commentary while the tournament is being held, so that the viewer doesn't get bored when they are watching the tournament.

Hosts/commentators are prone to be lighthearted and fun to listen to, if you feel like you have the voice of a commentator, sign up below. Keep in mind this is a voluntary position, you will not get paid in any way.

Steam Name -

Steam ID(64) -

Age -

Days/Hours available -

Experience In Commentating/Hosting(Optional) -

Why do you want to be a host for this tournament?(minimum of two paragraphs) -

Current Hosts

Main Host
    Cyan

Supporting Host/Commentator
    Michael Rosen

Supporting Host/Commentator

• This is amazing This is amazing x 1
  2. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Steam Name- Michael Rosen

Steam ID-76561198141488685

Age- 17

Days/hours available- From 11:00 A.M to 8:00 P.M on weekdays, and from 10:00 A.M to 8:00 P.M on weekends (weekends subject to change if I get that job I applied for :) )

Experience: I don't have THAT much experience, but I do host the weekly bingo games at my local retirement home ;P

Why do I want to be a host: Well, since I'm applying for this role, I obviously have no interest in playing (Sorry Loafe, find someone else lel) I want to be a host because for one I feel like it would be fun. Commentating a large-scale tournament with all my TF2 friends greatly appeals to me. Secondly, I believe I would actually do a good job. Pretty much everyone I talk to IRL goes out of their way to complement me on my vocabulary, my expression, and the way I tell stories, enunciate words, and so forth.

Also I have great knowledge of the mechanics of TF2, and I feel like that would be very helpful to have in an announcing role. Of course, I'm sure many other people here also have this skill, but it is definitely useful to have. Plus, even though I do not wish to play, I do wish to participate in tournament in some way. This way of participating greatly appeals to me and I hope I can

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I think michael rosen would be a good host...
    +support

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mellon :^)
    Beef Curtains

Mellon :^) Well-Known Member

Well, this seems like a prestigious role to have, so why not? I'll take my chances. If I don't get the position, no harm done, I'll just participate in the tournament like normal.
    Steam name: loafe™
    Steam ID: 76561197963728247
    Available : Essentially every day 1:00 PM to about 9-10.00 PM.
    Experience : Effective speaking classes, extensive knowledge of TF2, an ever-growing love for public speaking and commentating.

Firstly, I have been taking an effective speaking class for over 3 years now which have greatly refined and perfected my public speaking skills and in this case, commentating skills. With my extensive knowledge of TF2, having almost 3000 hours in fact has given me the ability to effectively point out the actions, strategies and important plays within the matches. As an added benefit and a demonstrable fact, I can speak quite fast, I've been told I should be an auctioneer by plenty of people, online and not. This skill will aid me in covering all the different things happening during fast-paced or climactic moments. As well, my mic is a state-of-the-art MSI headset with exceptionally clear and adjustable sounds, this will help the audience and listeners be able to clearly make out all of my words and such.

As well, the way I pronounce and utilize my vocabulary effectively will help keep the audience entertained whilst they watch the matches on their personal screens. Many years of watching competitive TF2, Paladins, L4D2 and many other games has given me a great amount of knowledge on the most effective ways to commentate and use different techniques, styles and tools to captivate the audience. Things like roster rundowns and such used by myself are things you rarely see from other commentators, professional or not.

Therefore, I believe that I would make an exceptional host for this tournament. I would love to participate in this way, doing what I love, on my favorite server on my favorite game, run by some of my favorite people.

If you made it this far, I thank you for reading my paragraphs and points.
    -loafe™

Last edited: May 21, 2017
Live Thread addon by sonnb