Gladiator Day

Discussion in 'TF2 JailBreak' started by KyptoKlutz, Sep 25, 2018.

1. KyptoKlutz
    Android Fan

KyptoKlutz Well-Known Member

So just cuz it's not stated in the rules and alot of people have different opinions and stuff let's settle it?

1. Should a blue, sent in to an area for glad day, be allowed to use a primary weapon? And if so which weapons?

2. Should more then one gladiator be allowed at once? And how many?

I have my own opinions but let's see what you guys think first :)

2. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Admin

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. KyptoKlutz
    Android Fan

I agree with you on that just want to make sure others understand that cough* cough * peak cough*

• Seriously Seriously x 2
  4. Ryuji

Ryuji One Poster

Regarding the "more than one gladiator" part. I think it could be good in cases where there are more than 12 REDs and its in an open area like an Arena pit or a large body of water. In theory at least, I dunno about in practice. Probably not good.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Doc Holiday Punch
    Question

Doc Holiday Punch Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Depending on the number of reds you want to be alive during a set round afterward is how you would determine whether or not you send in more than one blue. If, for example, you were doing glad day all day then you would send in more than one blue. I have seen some wardens even sacrificing blues in order to get to a desirable number of reds (for pokemon or other games which require a set number of reds).

TL:DR - You should send in how many you need for the game.

• TL;DR TL;DR x 1
  6. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

A blue who gets enough luck in his hitboxes and is good enough at meele can tear through an entire team in a wide open area like arena. I've never come across a situation where sending more then one blu is desirable.

7. Arcane
    Jaded

Arcane Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I feel like it'd just lead to incidents where too many reds get killed for the warden's liking, or even outright killing all the reds.

8. gamer
    Dumb

gamer Well-Known Member

I honestly think Gladiator day should be banned due to the fact that many reds could potentially die and this could be abused and get someone marked for freekill by console. This game is essentially cell wars but worst in my opinion.

9. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I would disagree that it's worse then cell wars. As for getting marked for freekill, a blu should rather let the reds kill them then get banned. obviously it's not a perfect system, but I don't think its warranted to be banned. as for reds dying, that's kind of the point, no?

10. gamer
    Dumb

gamer Well-Known Member

I see your point, I guess Gladiator day is controversial lmao

11. Arcane
    Jaded

Arcane Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I find it simply unfun but easy to get going, so I always looked at it as a "get the round over with" sorta choice.

Tired of pesky reds interfering with your attempts to have a fun round?
    Give them the bloodshed they're just begging for!

12. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Admin

Wardens just play this and meat grinder every other round. Very repetitive and unfun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. gamer
    Dumb

gamer Well-Known Member

^^^

14. gamer
    Dumb

gamer Well-Known Member

To this, i would like to say I was meaning meat grinder not glad day being cell wars, my bad

15. KyptoKlutz
    Android Fan

Maybe glad day and meatgrinder should not be allowed to be a first game to play unless it is for lr. So that way reds have a chance to have some fun.

Live Thread addon by sonnb