Freeday Loss Glitch?

Discussion in 'TF2 JailBreak' started by Nightly, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Nightly
    Insomnious

Nightly zoapthedev Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

I have noticed for the past few weeks that a freeday user will randomly lose their freeday if a BLU dies, sometimes if another RED dies, or for no reason at all. This leaves them a continuous rebel and gives an unfair advantage to both the RED and the BLU team if this user takes advantage of this opportunity and proceeds to rebel, as they are already away from the group without giving an effort to get away in the first place.

Whether this has been spotted before by a higher up staff member, or if it has a been mentioned before is beyond me. I decided to speak out about this because it has become quite the inconvenience throughout rounds with freeday users present.

Although it is not a major issue because I am able to give them their freeday back if it was wrongfully lost, I still would not like to take the chance that they got ammo, hit a guard, or committed another action leading to the loss of their freeday, and then lied about it. In that scenario, that leads me to give an actively rebelling RED their freeday back, even though they lost it fairly.

The only solution I could see to solve this problem and lowering confusion of staff members when this happens would be to find the root of the issue causing the freeday to be removed for nothing, so until they actually rebel, they get to keep their freeday without the server taking it away.

I've seen many REDs get upset because of this, and I personally have gotten annoyed with it a few times myself. If this is currently being attended to, please let me know, and if not, please take this post into as much consideration as possible.

If anyone else has seen this glitch, which I'm positive there will be a response, please give your input on this.

Thanks, mate.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 Best Henchman Staff Member JailBreak Admin

It happens when there’s one blue left. The plugin thinks it’s last guard kills all of LGR, and removes free days so the guard can kill them.

3. Starlight
    Inspired

Starlight Well-Known Member

I have seen this glitch happen at the beginning of the round when there is like 7 guards. Also I have lost my freeday to this glitch many times. My solution if there is no staff on the server is just let the freeday go to the line and be a regular red.

• You dont say You dont say x 1
  4. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

Happens when someone glitches LR at the beginning of a new round, removing any free days previous to the selection of the glitch LR.

5. Starlight
    Inspired

I know that but I have seen where like 1 out of 3 of the freedays chosen lose their freeday for no reason.

• much confused doge much confused doge x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

what are you referring to?

No, it's just that all of them lose freeday and a moderator/admin gives them back the freeday before you notice it, I've never seen it to where only one or two of the freedays chosen lose it, what you might be thinking of is when a freeday switches classes at the start of the round, which changes their spawn point from the designated area for freedays, to the spawnpoint of all of the other reds, then because they are being stupid they say "I lost freeday and i'm in red spawn HELP HELP HELP" and they do their spam thing, But I've never seen a situation where only one of the three chosen freedays lose freeday

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Starlight
    Inspired

No I experienced this before where only 1 person lost the freeday out of like 3 people.

8. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Has anyone confirmed without a shred of doubt what is actually causing this glitch?

9. Arcane
    Jaded

Arcane Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

The only one I've been able to identify is if a player glitches LR at the end of the round in a timely manner to get the menu up in the next round, and they pick freeday again, it removes their freeday for that beginning round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Sky_Klokwork
    Artistic

Sky_Klokwork Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I have seen it a few times but I don't know what causes it, I'll keep an eye out and try to see if I can find anything out.

11. Starlight
    Inspired

It just happened to MichaelRosen just now only he lost it and no one else glitched free day.

12. Starlight
    Inspired

13. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

14. wing
    Dreaming

wing Administrator Staff Member Owner

Code:
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:26: geter priffin has given Michael Rosen a Last Request as Warden.
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: Michael Rosen has been marked as a Rebeller.
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:35: Michael Rosen has received last request for being the last prisoner alive.

Code:
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: [SM] Exception reported: Client index 6 is not a Freeday.
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: [SM] Blaming: TF2Jail.smx
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: [SM] Call stack trace:
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: [SM]   [0] ThrowNativeError
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: [SM]   [1] Line 6301, TF2Jail.sp::Native_RemoveFreeday
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: [SM]   [3] TF2Jail_RemoveFreeday
    L 11/17/2017 - 18:14:33: [SM]   [4] Line 31, TF2Jail_FreedayGod.sp::OnTakeDamage

Just all kinds of errors being spat out.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Starlight
    Inspired

I had freeday aswell as someone else only michael lost it

16. Starlight
    Inspired

In the screenshot it shows him alive in chat.

17. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

18. Starlight
    Inspired

He lost it then responded.

• You dont say You dont say x 1
  19. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Well, looking at what Wing put, I have no idea..
    TF2Jail 6301 and surrounding:
    Code:
    if (!bIsFreeday[client])
    {
      ThrowNativeError(SP_ERROR_INDEX, "Client index %i is not a Freeday.", client);
    }
    TF2Jail_FreedayGod 31 and surrounding:
    Code:
    if (TF2Jail_IsFreeday(attacker))
    {
      TF2Jail_RemoveFreeday(attacker);
    }
    TF2Jail 6246:
    Code:
    return view_as<bool>(bIsQueuedFreeday[client] || bIsFreeday[client]);
    It's possible the issue is because this checks for if they're queued as well, and when it checks before removing it doesn't check if they're queued. Even so, it shouldn't be running the RemoveFreeday code from either perspective, it's more than likely a confliction with another addon, I don't know which one, and maybe removing the queued check would fix it, or maybe not.

• Informative Informative x 2
Live Thread addon by sonnb