Fixing Problems on Jailbreak

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aegeus Dusk, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Aegeus Dusk
    Arsey

Aegeus Dusk Well-Known Member

The first thing I want to note is one of many glitches on the server, for example, this exploit/glitch -

The exploit allows the player to move into the vent door without it being broken to spam chat and console with it registering as someone trying to enter armory

Next is the comm glitches for people who use mics on blu. Sometimes when a blu is using their mic, they cannot be heard and it seems to target less than the majority of the team. Could be sourcemod messing up or the server. To fix this temporarily, a mod or admin mutes then unmutes the player so they can speak again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. RedTF2
    Dr Pepper Addict

RedTF2 2nd Best Colour on the Spectrum Staff Member JailBreak Admin

I fully support this thread, LA has had its issues and TF zones is really annoying to deal with. Every time some one spams the chat with that, I slay them on the spot for spamming chat. In my opinion, TF Zones should be removed or atleast a good portion of the set zones. The comms problem makes mic checking really difficult as I can't tell if the blue in question is affected by this glitch or if he's been muted by the glitch.

3. Nightly
    Insomnious

Nightly The Tommy Chong of Jailbreak Staff Member JailBreak Admin

One thing I believe should be fixed within the servers is the /tc command, allowing staff names to be colored and prefixes to be shown.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Lance Cocuski Ω Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

This is infact an issue, so i hope the attention gets drawn to it.

5. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Yeah something is wrong with dallas (guessing bumping) while your on the mic movement lags allot

6. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Wing has already fixed the lag issues on dallas.

• Like Like x 1
  7. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Alienated

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

How about remove the TF2 Zones all together? Its so hard to rebel when the "(Player) entered armory!" is being spammed in chat.

The point of jailbreak is to rebel and kill the guards, but the Zone is just makes us really obvious.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

I agree, it's like literal ghosting lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. link_link_link
    Amused

link_link_link Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

Well we can't ban the plugin for major ghosting, only wing can do that. I personally vote we don't go on the servers that have this unless we have to because someone called us on.

• much confused doge much confused doge x 1
  10. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

I have a solution then. @Wing should entirely remove TF2 Zones. Others stated why, so I don't need to repeat their words.

• Cheers to you good sir Cheers to you good sir x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beast™
    Demonic

Beast™ Previously XXbeastXXdudeXX

What i think really needs to be fixed is the invincibility glitch. Reds would want to kill a blue for death request but one or two blues would not die

• Old Old x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Clearly some staff have yet to read the new rules set (This is around the complaints about microphone checking) "/forceunmute @blue" works through anything for the round or until the player dies, if @blue doesn't work then RoundMute isn't updated so you'll have to use just their names.
    As for other mute glitches, I do personally hate SourceComms, it's unmute system is horrific, it doesn't properly remove temporary mutes, so you would have to put in a time and remove it, saying that even still works, I have used /unmute in so long, I'm not even sure anymore.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Old Old x 2
Live Thread addon by sonnb