Confusion

Discussion in 'TF2 JailBreak' started by Malfunction, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Malfunction

Malfunction One Poster

(Note: This isn't a ban appeal)

Ok so just a little bit ago (At the time of typing this), I joined a Jailbreak server (one of Idleserver's, obviously) and went on BLU, And before you say anything, I do indeed have a functioning microphone and a mature, if not boring voice.

We were on ba_mlcastle and I run out and take the route closest to pool so I could see if anyone tried to break out of Peach's cell. Sure enough a sniper did, CaptainMelodias (At the time I didn't know he was an admin or moderator or whatever.)

He goes through, into the actual hallway, so at this point I figure it's good to attack, because he escaped the cell and most people consider that rebelling.

I kill him, and a few moments later he team bans and mutes me. Naturally, I'm confused, as I've been killed many times breaking out through Peach's portrait, so I got confused. So, I alt-tab out and look around for any rule that mentions people being allowed to break out of cells at the start of the round, or anything similar to that. Needless to say, I didn't find one.

So... can someone explain?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Starlight
    Cheerful

Starlight Well-Known Member

Wait did he just break it or did he leave the cell? Because it's up to warden's discretion if the red is kos for breaking it, but if he did leave the cell then I do see the ban being wrong.

3. Lance Cocuski Ω
    Feminine

Lance Cocuski Ω Well-Known Member Former Staff

did he even explain why he banned you? Did you read your ban reason? that may clear stuff up.

4. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I never muted you that I can remeber (I can be wrong on that so take that with a grain of salt)

Ok, so of course you can't leave warden without permission, with the only exclusion being behind the peach cell, however this exclusion only lets you chase me down the hallway, you were banned because you left that boundary, you followed me down to the pool area, however I asked you to use your mic and you didn't, I force unmuted the blues as well, since you didn't use your mic I gave you 30 minutes for no mic, and 15 for not following the restrictions of being behind the peach cell, If you typed something in chat about how you used your mic, I'd like to sincerely apologize but I did not see anything, So if your ban is still up by the time you see this and you use your mic on a server with me I'll remove it, but if it expires by then and you actually do have a working mic, I'd like to apologize now

5. Malfunction

Malfunction One Poster

@Starlight He got through the hole onto the hallways red carpet. I shot him twice with a shotgun, he hid behind a pillar, then I rushed him with the Dragon's Fury.

@Captain Meliodas Ok Yeah, looking at it now I probably should asked warden to check before I ran off. Although I remember we didn't go into the pool area, we fought in the space right below the peach cell's hole, although I did have to run across pool area to get there, so I'm probably wrong on that front as well. I tried to use my mic to say "I got a sniper", but knowing me I might've pressed the wrong button like an idiot. (For the past few days I keep pressing H to use mic even though it's bound to F lol.)

Anyway, no hard feelings mate, I just got confused is all.

6. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

This was more my fault than mine, I would like for you to know this, I apologize for the extra time I added for having no mic, I'll take the blame for it

7. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Arthritic

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

From what I remember, you can chase rebellers on the hallway but cant leave it (You cant go to Trivia, Soccer or Disco for example)

• You dont say You dont say x 2
  8. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Now my interpretation of what you said could be off, but as far as I can tell, wrong.
    You can't go more than the obstacle course gateway. Anyone saying otherwise needs to read the rules.

9. Starlight
    Cheerful

Starlight Well-Known Member

Wait do you mean you can't go into the hallway or once you are in there you can't go past the obby entrance?

10. MrSoupCan
    Lurking

MrSoupCan Well-Known Member

You can go back to main cells using that path, just don't use that path when chasing rebellers (on my opinion)

11. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

You can go to the back of the peach cell using any path you want.

EDIT: Removed the bad digital drawing as it didn't display nice.
    Basically your looking at the hallway from pool, you see the gateway across the way that leads to obstacle course? The end farthest from the peach cell is the end you can't cross, you can shoot from there, but you cannot cross it without warden permission.

Live Thread addon by sonnb