Changing the autoban when too many reds are killed

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Aegeus Dusk, May 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Aegeus Dusk
    Mind-Blowing

Aegeus Dusk Well-Known Member

So this sounds sketchy at first but think about this, when one blu specifically kills too many reds breaking the rules it auto bans for a while. So maybe increasing the limit by 1 or 2 more? If not possible then another kind of system

• Seriously Seriously x 1
  2. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

Increasing the time gives freekillers enough time to escape. Blues shouldn't be killing all the reds themselves.

3. Aegeus Dusk
    Mind-Blowing

Aegeus Dusk Well-Known Member

What about gladiator and stuff?

4. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

It's better to die than get banned for an hour.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Kenny Omega
    Festive

Kenny Omega Well-Known Member Former Staff

The auto ban system is the best it can be honestly. freekillers get banned and it also keeps guards from being trigger happy knowing that they can be banned. Until another alternative is pitched I think the one here is fine

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Kill some reds and die, pardon doesn't work even though I pardon the players before they get banned but still don't work, im guessing the pardon for staff doesn't work

7. BLiNX THE TiME SWEEPER
    Feminine

BLiNX THE TiME SWEEPER Active Member Former Staff

The pardon command only pardon's all marked freekillers. (That moment the weapons are stripped and about to be banned)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Yeah so it's useless kinda

9. RedTF2
    Cynical

RedTF2 Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Admin

Not really, if you pay attention and know when someone's killed too many people, then it's really easy.

10. Captain Meliodas
    Dr Pepper Addict

Captain Meliodas Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

yet again there have been many post made about this subject

to name a few like I did last time when someone made this post

Mango
    https://idleserver.com/threads/freekilling-system-is-broken.2244/live

Meliodas
    https://idleserver.com/threads/freekilling-timer.2110/live

There are many others... but these two were the ones with the most responses and a better solution (yes i'm being a narcacist)

though If I remember wing stated he wouldn't be taking care of this anytime soon... there are a lot of other problems to be worrying about so I'd just keep patient

11. wing
    Dreaming

wing Administrator Staff Member Owner

Anybody, feel free to test stock jailbreak code. When you get marked as freekiller and leave right away you can join right back, unless banned by the freekiller system.

I watched one too many players freekill and join right back in, in circles, to raise this timer until this function of the jailbreak plugin is fixed.

This was according to my testing with bots to free kill and still having the ability to join right back in.

• Got anymore info? Got anymore info? x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb