Completed/Reviewed Auto Muting Deads...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Falcon, May 11, 2017.

Tags:
?

Should deads be auto muted?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Falcon
    Wishful

Falcon The Mightiest Bird

Recently a player named Dipper Pines has been mic spamming, and he has been rejoining to get unmuted and continue to mic spam. Honestly it's been annoying, but that's for a different report. The problem is speaking while dead. (I know the irony, but let's be serious for this.) It's completely useless unless the voice is coming from a mod/admin. It doesn't serve anything positive unless the one or two regulars inform people about rules while dead, but it's still bad by comparison.

Let me get to the point. There needs to be a fix where if you rejoin the server you're automatically muted no matter if a mod unmutes dead. This literally replaces muting deads and any problems involving deads speaking. It's seriously been a problem and it doesn't seem so hard to just fix the servers to auto mute regular players (Non-Staff) that are dead. (Well it sounds easy to me because you can already mute deads so having a fix that basically mutes deads forever sounds easy to me.)

If deads were automatically muted it'd solve so many problems including mic spamming, ghosting, etc.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  2. Mango Puree
    Asshat

Mango Puree Well-Known Member

Deads are automuted but if you leave then rejoin you get unmuted so that should be fixed.

Otherwise, I fully agree.

Also they can ghost in chat so it's more of a mute and gag, but then again they can't talk about being freekilled then.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Kenny Omega
    Festive

Kenny Omega Well-Known Member Former Staff

its pretty annoying when someone leaves and rejoins just to complain about how they got killed, so yeah it should be

4. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I think most everyone agrees this should be a thing. Deads yelling over mic about how "Wahh, I got freekilled for not following orders" is annoying and frankly I'm sick of dealing with them. Moderators and admins should be the ONLY ones able to talk while dead, under any circumstances, no ifs, ands, or buts about it. You got my support.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kimmel
    Yeehaw

Kimmel Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

I think there are times when it is necessary for deads to talk on the mic if other blus don't know what it going on, but this should only be used when a mod or an admin is not available.

6. Kenny Omega
    Festive

Kenny Omega Well-Known Member Former Staff

deads can use chat when they need to inform other blues, blues gotta pay attention to chat anyway

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale)
    Arthritic

King Cunt (Maiev iZtrale) Well-Known Member

The problem for them to exit and come back is they cant be noticed by the blue team, since most of the blues dont look at the chat unless its asking about what games to play..
    But stubborn kids use the mic to ghost or basically be a huge dick.. So I support this thread.

8. Festive Michael Rosen
    Impotent

Festive Michael Rosen Well-Known Member Staff Member JailBreak Mod

But in the process they are breaking a rule themselves, being very hypocritical in the process

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. wing
    Dreaming

wing Administrator Staff Member Owner

I have some knowledge of coding but I do not code this jailbreak plugin somebody else does.

The bugs you have pointed out cannot be fixed to my knowledge with another plugin available on sourcemod. This change would require probably the jailbreak plugin to be modified to accomplish this feature. The plugin would have to watch for each player joining and mute them until the next round.

The best way to get this new feature is just to write it yourself. You would fork your own copy of the jailbreak code get it working then submit a pull request and upload the working code to the plugin. After some time it would be added by the maintainer. This takes a lot of skill to script these plugins. Feel free to start here https://wiki.alliedmods.net/Introduction_to_SourcePawn

You might politely suggest the 'issue' over at the https://github.com/Drixevel/TF2-Jailbreak/issues or ask if anybody else has a solution on https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2015905

Without a plugin controlling this, it is not easy to tackle those who want to abuse this and spam over others. It is a huge shitfest to try to tackle this one user at a time. If you are going to try I'd suggest taking a brief 'demo' long enough to show the offense but not overly long. Provide a STEAM ID along with your demo and we will work through them. I'd say to be reasonable we would want to see two instances of them abusing this.

Maybe @J Triggs could suggest a solution?

• Cheers to you good sir Cheers to you good sir x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. PokeyFan
    Tired

PokeyFan One Poster

to me it was a tough choice deds that where free killed can say they where bet then there would be a lot of screamers and babys saying they where and thats why i choes yes

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
  11. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Simplest solution: "Borrow" (Steal) code from the Jailbreak plugin on how it mutes the reds every round, manipulate it into a third party addon and throw it in the server.

I can probably have this done in 20 minutes... At least I think all of the hooks I need fire correctly and exist.

12. Valias
    Spaced

Valias The Special Jailbreak Wizard! Staff Member JailBreak Admin Jailbreak Trainer

Will this affect the staff members? (Being muted every single round, unmuting ourselves every single round?)

• Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh Awwwww Yeaaahhhhhh x 1
  13. J Triggs
    No Mood

J Triggs Senior Jailbreak Admin Staff Member JailBreak Admin Senior Admin

Now it won't. Wing it will be in the "additions" thread shortly, just testing the no mute staff members, I can't test the join mute system, but the death mute appears to work.

• This is amazing This is amazing x 1
  14. wing
    Dreaming

wing Administrator Staff Member Owner

Big thank you out to @J Triggs for this plugin. We have pushed it to all servers. Please report further problems.

• Like Like x 1
Live Thread addon by sonnb